Friday, July 3, 2009

A morning at the park

We love going to the park, especially with good friends. We almost didn't go this particular morning because I had a million things to do before our trip to AR, but I'm glad I changed my mind. I can get wrapped up in what needs to be done and forget about slowing down to just have fun. When mom's cancer came back my motto soon became... you only live life once. So, on this particular day after telling my friends no I happened to glance at a picture of my beautiful mom wearing a silly curly wig. This picture reminded me of something my mom wrote in a book.... live everyday as if there is no tomorrow. She wrote this approx. 6 months before she died. So we packed up and off we went to the park and I'm glad we did. And, you know what.... the house didn't fall apart while we were gone and the laundry was still there waiting. In the end it was worth it to recieve the big hug and kiss from Maryssa and hear her tell me "thanks mommy for taking me to the park I had a lot of fun"


























I think I can.... I think I can....
Maryssa loves the monkey bars, but has never tried to do them all by herself. Let's just say she not the bravest soul in the world. But, on this day she decided she'd try the bars all by herself. So she climbed the ladder and contemplated her decision. After much thought she backed away and decided she'd try it another day. I'm proud of her for even thinking about it!









































Maybe next time!

No comments: